Friday, September 14, 2018

First blog task

Q1: Why did you choose A level Media Studies?
I chose A level Media Studies for multiple reasons, one being that I'm a big fan of how producers and directors film and create movies and T.V shows. Not only that but I also, another reason being that A-level Media Studies pairs nicely with my Business course.

Q2: Did you take GCSE Media Studies?
No, I did not take GCSE Media Studies


Q4: What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?

Like most students, my goal is to achieve an A*, but my more realistic goal is an A

Q5) What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A-Levels - university, apprenticeship, work?

After A-levels, I plan on applying to SOAS, Royal Holloway, UCL or Surrey

Q6: What do you think is the biggest media story of 2017 and why?
I believe that biggest media story of 2018 has been the Disney and 21st Century fox merger, these two conglomerates are two of the oldest and most popular media companies in the world having their own vast array of rights to certain characters and intellectual property. The combination of the two seems to create quite literally one of the largest monopoly like conglomerate the entertainment industry has ever seen.

Q7: What media sources do you use to find out about news and affairs
I don't often watch news channels but when I do I prefer to watch Aljazeera over any other news channel, I also do read the economist occasionally.

Q8: What was the last movie you watched?
The last movie I watched was the Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Q9: What is your favorite ever TV show 
For me, it's between two shows, The Walking Dead, and  Friends

Q10: How many hours do you spend online in an average day, is this too little, too much or just about right? Why?

I believe I spend around 4-5 hours online a day, I think this is just about right because I spend a majority of my online time on two things, work and YouTube. I believe watching relatable everyday people on YouTubers is much better than watching 3-4 hours of sometimes trash TV

No comments:

Post a Comment